Thursday, July 9, 2009

Fast But Unhealthy Food


Last night I watched a television program called “I didn’t know I was pregnant.” It just so happened that some of the women were morbidly obese (over 300#). It showed their daily struggle and pain living day to day. My heart went out to them.

One gal, pregnant and diagnosed with gestational diabetes, struggled with her desire to loose the weight and stop the diabetes. Even though her desire was strong and she knew she shouldn’t, she still stopped for a drive through fast food breakfast. Her comment was, “I just don’t have time in the morning to fix breakfast before leaving for work.”

I think this is a common excuse which acts as a smoke screen covering the real reasons:

>> The lure of tasty salt, fat and sugar is hard to resist.


>> The morning HABIT of this deadly convenience over powers unplanned and unpracticed willpower.

>> Is there a lack of knowledge of the healthy alternatives that could be implemented? (Knowledge is Power!)


>> Change is hard to do!

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home