Monday, August 1, 2011

Healthy Eating Begins at the Grocery Store


Years ago, whenever my Mom would start a new diet, she would clean out her cupboard and refrigerator, put all the "non-diet" foods in a large black garbage bag and give the bag to me!

Well, that's good that she rid her kitchen of undesireable food stuffs, I highly recommend doing that, but when I would look inside this bag I would think, "Why did you even buy this crap?"

So, the moral to this story is, "Healthy eating begins at the grocery store." If you don't buy it, it won't be in your house to tempt you to eat it when you go looking for a satisfying snack.

I must admit a slight bit of disappointment nudges me when I'm looking in my refrigerator or cupboard for a snack and the worst items I can find are nuts (very calorie dense), cottage cheese, low fat yogurt, fresh veggie packs or fresh fruit. But, it keeps me in line and on track.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home