Thursday, January 7, 2010

Skechers Shape-Ups Product Review


I purchased a pair of Skechers Shape-Ups for myself to add to my "wearable fitness tools."
They claim to:
  • Promote weight loss
  • Strengthen the back
  • Firm calf and buttock muscles
  • Reduce cellulite and tone your thighs
  • Increase cardiovascular health
  • Improve posture
  • Reduce stress on knee and ankle joints
I put them on immediately after purchasing them and wore them in the Mall.  The first thing I noticed was that it felt like I was walking barefoot in the sand.  I wore them that first day, feeling a bit of a workout in my legs.  That evening, while relaxing in my chair watching TV, I noticed a surprising twitch/slight pain at the top of my right hamstring, as if it was saying, "What did you do to me today!!" "You are doing something different!"

The next day I wore them while doing my "brisk walk" on my treadmill and noticed I needed to reduce my speed because I was putting forth more effort than usual.

I have been wearing them as much as possible as my new, everyday shoes.  I believe they are definitely causing my body to work a little bit harder and I am feeling it in my legs.
Would I recommend them?  Yes, what would it hurt to try them out, other than the $100 cost. Any increase in effort and toning is better than wearing a normal walking shoe. 

I would put them in the same fitness tool category as the Body Togs, Thigh-Mate thigh weights, and the Walkvest Weighted Vest. They are all great tools to wear on your body to help you to increase your calorie burn & muscle tone.

Body Togs (wearable weighted sleeves worn on your arms & legs), Thigh-Mate thigh weights (non-slip thigh weights to wear during exercise) and the Walkvest Weight Vest are all available online for purchase through my website: http://www.womenspersonalfitness.net/  Check them out!

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Mandi said...

I have them and I love them! I've had mine for about 4 weeks now, and EVERYONE can see a change in my calves, thighs and butt. They are super comfortable too. I'm posting a week by week review on my blog.

January 26, 2010 at 8:13 AM  
Anonymous Skechers said...

Skechers guarantees comfort and durability, a perfect demonstration of which is Sassie-Butterfly patch. A casual style pump for your daily use. The shoe has leather upper construction with a rubberised mini wedged sole unit. Dainty foot strap for over the toe section, exposed stitch work and tartan inner sock lining.

November 24, 2010 at 2:49 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home